Apparently, many of us must have been hearing about Gizdodo or gizzdo and wonder what it is!
Gizdodo is actually a combination of gizzards and fried plantain (known as dodo in Nigeria).It’s no news that a lot of people love plantain and gizzard also isn’t a bad kind of meat. So, already, you can imagine what result this recipe would give.
This delicacy is delicious and definitely easy to make. We will be checking out what we’ll need for this recipe and the steps in making it…
- 1.5 large ripe plantains
- Gizzard – about 15 pieces – Cleaned (could be chicken or beef)
- 1 cup prepared pepper mix (blender pulsed (Bell pepper (tatashe) both red and green, tomatoes, onions and scotch bonnet peppers (rodo)).
- 2 Maggi cubes
- Salt – To taste
- ½ teaspoon each- Thyme & curry
- 5 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- Place a pot on medium heat; add in the gizzard, 1 cube Maggi, thyme, ½ cup water and some salt. Cook until the gizzard is soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut the plantains into cubed chunks
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line a tray with aluminium foil or parchment paper
- Toss the gizzard and plantains with two tablespoons of cooking oil. Pour the mix into the lined oven tray. Cook for 30 minutes flipping at the halfway point (or use the broil setting of your oven to bake the top)
- Heat up the leftover oil in a pan; add in the prepared pepper mix. Leave to cook for 5 minutes. Add some salt, Maggi, crayfish and the curry. Combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning
- Add in the prepared gizzard and plantain. Combine. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Our gizdodo is ready! Enjoy and ensure you try it out.
culled from 9jafoodie